Thank you for landing on this page. If you are searching for “All information about Sainik School” then you are at right place. In this article, we will tell you About Sainik School, Benefits of studying in Sainik School, List of Sainik School is located in all-over India, Admission procedure of Sainik School, Documents required in Sainik School, Syllabus for entrance exam of Class 6th and 9th in Sainik School and General Instructions for Application and Examination in filling entrance exam of Sainik School.
The Sainik Schools are a system of schools in India, that was established and managed by the Sainik Schools Society under Ministry of Defence. Sainik Schools are fully residential schools run on public school lines. They offer a common curriculum and are affiliated to the CBSE, New Delhi. Each school has extensive infrastructure and land to cater to needs of comprehensive training so that boys are brought up in a conducive environment.
The aim of Sainik School is to prepare boys who desire to serve the country, physically and mentally for entry in National Defence Academy(NDA).
Benefits of studying in Sainik School:
1. Prepare the students for entry into the NDA Examination. Most of the students from Sainik School will get success in NDA Examination.
2. NCC training.
3. Students will took to different places for educational trip every year.
4. Many Co-curricular activities like Debates, Public speaking, Group Discussion, Essay writing and many more.
5. Sports activities like Football, Hockey, Horse riding, Swimming, Volleyball, Athletics, Squash, Tennis, Gymnastics, Badminton, Basketball etc.
6. Opportunity to learn different things apart from Education from well learned Teachers and Administrators from Ministry of Defense.
7. Many Adventurous activities where organized for students such as Trekking, Cycle expedition, Rock climbing etc.
8. Visits to defense establishments.
9. Personality Development of Students.
List of Sainik School is located in all-over India:
1. Location: Satara(State: Maharashtra)
2. Location: Kunjpura(State: Haryana)
3. Location: Kapurthala(State: Punjab)
4. Location: Balachadi(State: Gujarat)
5. Location: Chittorgarh(State:Rajasthan)
6. Location: Korukonda(State: Andhra Pradesh)
7. Location: Kazhakootam(State: Kerala)
8. Location: Purulia(State: West Bengal)
9. Location: Bhubaneshwar(State: Orissa)
10. Location: Amaravathinagar(State: Tamil Nadu)
11. Location: Rewa(State: Madhya Pradesh)
12. Location: Tilaiya(State: Jharkhand)
13. Location: Bijapur(State: Karnataka)
14. Location: Goalpara(State: Assam)
15. Location: Ghorakhal(State: Uttarakhand)
Admission Procedure of Sainik School:
The entrance examination is organized for admission in class 6 for the students who are between the age of 10-11 years and class 9 for the students who are between the age of 13-14 years. Admissions are done strictly on the basis of merit only in class 6th and 9th.
1. Admission is based on entrance test that comprises of the subjects(Mathematics, Language and Intelligence) for Class 6 and subjects like Mathematics, Science, English and Social Science for Class 9, followed by Interview and Medical Examination for both class 6 and 9.
2. All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination is held in the month of January every year.
3. Sainik Schools admit boys on the basis of their merit in the Entrance Examination and Interview.
Documents Required in Sainik School:
1. Your Sainik school examination admit card.
2. Date of Birth Certificate.
3. Six self-addressed envelops.
4. Transfer Certificate (TC).
5. Medical Report.
6. Six photographs of the Student and one each of the parents.
7. Demand Draft.
8. Proof of Residence and Identity Proof. Now a days Photo copy of Aadhaar card is necessary.
9. Proof of being Defence/Ex-Defence Personnel, if any Domicile certificate.
10. If you have appeared for Sixth class exam, then marksheet and transfer certificate of class 5 from your previous school and for class 9, that of 8th standard is necessary.
11. Group photographs of parent’s postcard size along with the child. Photographs of the relative who shall be next guardians of the child duly attested by the parents.
12. If your father is Serviceman then all his documents related to Defence for verification purpose.
Syllabus for entrance exam of Class 6th and 9th in sainik school:
Class 6th Syllabus-
1. Essay Writing
3. Vocabulary and Usage
8. Sentence types
9. One word substitute
10. Re-arranging words to make meaningful sentences
11. Verb Forms
15. Grammatical Structures
1. Number System
2. Fractions and Decimals
3. Commercial Mathematics
Class 9th Syllabus:
1. Modern Indian History & World History
2. Persons in History of India
3. Places of Importance in Indian History
4. Wars and Battles in Indian History
5. Dates and Events in Indian History
6. Events of Indian National Movement
7. Revolutions in the World (17 to 19 Century AD)
8. Industrial Revolution
9. Revolt of 1857
10. Heritage sites of India & World
1. Indian Constitution
2. About United Nations
3. Globalization, Human Rights, Rights of the Child
4. Dance & Music
5. Location of prominent Institutions in India
6. General Information on Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force (basics)
7. Indian Railways
1. Physical Geography
2. India’s Geography
3. World Geography
1. Letter Writing
2. Guided Writing
3. Essay Writing
4. Vocabulary and Usage
8. Direct / Indirect Speech
10. Sentence types
13. Question Tags
14. Future time reference
15. Rearranging words to make meaningful sentences
16. Use of grammatical structures
17. One word substitutes
1. The Universe
4. Transformation of Substances
5. Structure of atom
6. Metals and non-metals
8. Cell Structure and Functions
10. Refraction of Light
11. Electricity and Magnetism
12. Sources of Energy
13. Common Diseases
14. Food Production and Management
1. Squares and square roots of large numbers
2. Cubes and Cube roots of large numbers
3. Rational exponents and radicals including negative powers
4. Profit, loss and discount with percentages
5. Compound Interest
6. Algebraic identities
7. Factorisation of algebraic expressions
8. Division of Polynomials
9. Linear equations in one variable including word problems
10. Parallel lines and its properties
13. Perimeter and areas of triangle
14. Surface areas and volumes of cube, cuboid, cylinder, cone, sphere, and hemisphere
General Instructions for Application and Examination in filling entrance exam of Sainik School:
1. Paste one recent passport photograph firmly (DO NOT STAPLE OR PIN-UP) in the space provided.
2. The candidate had to use only the ORIGINAL application form. Photocopy or Form downloaded from the internet will NOT be accepted.
3. Use Black/Blue pen only to write and darken the circles.
4. Fill all columns neatly in CAPITAL Letters only.
5. A declaration will be given by the parents/guardian.
6. Incomplete/ unsigned/ wrongly filled and without photograph forms shall be rejected without intimation.
I wish you find this article “All information about Sainik School” very useful. If we made some efforts, then don’t forget to comment on the comment section below. You can also comment for more Educational Topics which you wanna know about.
Thank you for landing on this page.